Saturday 6 December 2014

Tom Collins Interview



What was your role in Brothers Day?
I play Chris Jackson.


What made you interested in the role?
I was interested in the role because I could really understand Chris as a character, I could see a young man trying to be a big man and i could see him looking up to his older brothers as role models, even though they had made the wrong choices themselves.


Did you enjoy playing this character and why?
Brothers' Day was my first professional acting job so it was exciting to be on a film set. I did enjoy playing this character and I felt I could put parts of my real life into my performance. I am not saying I'm like Chris because I'm not but I have friends and family that I could use influences from. 


The tagline from the trailer is "Make your choice" Do you feel your character makes good choices or what advice would you give him?
Chris doesn't make the right choices all of the time. I'm not going to give too much away but he wouldn't get into the mess that he does if he had made the right choices, would he?


If you could play any character past or present from a film who would it be?t?
If I could play any character from a film then I think it would have to be Scarface, I wouldn't do half as good a job but I would put my own spin on it!


When did you first know you wanted to become an actor? 
I first started looking into acting when I got kicked out of my woodwork class in school, I was messing about all the time and with dangerous tools etc. my head of year took me aside and told me I would be placed in another lesson for the last 3 years of school. The only lesson left was drama. At first I was upset but I took it on the chin, before I knew it I was performing in the library theatre Manchester with a lead role, I got snapped up by an agent quickly and then started training and working professionally, funny how things work out I guess. Now I am pushing a career in something I started doing by chance.


What  actors have inspired you?
A few actors have inspired me over the years, Will Smith is class, Ryan Gosling is unreal but one of my favourite actors has to be Adam Deacon. He's pushed youth cinema in the UK and opened a lot of door for a lot of young people, I have a lot of respect for him.


Next time we catch up with Brothers' Day star Lewis Fletcher aka Ryan Jackson.

You can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment