Sunday 21 December 2014

Lewis Fletcher Interview



What was your role in Brothers Day?
I play Ryan Jackson.


What made you interested in the role?
I enjoyed reading the script, it was clear that Ryan did not personify the stereotypical gang member and I was interested in exploring his perspectives. Once I met with Angel, I was excited to become a part of his vision.


Did you enjoy playing this character and why?
Yes I enjoyed playing this character. The role  gave me the opportunity to act like an idiot without any consideration for the repercussions of my actions. Ryan thinks he's able to step up into a world that he's avoided most of his life, and do things the way he wants. He's playing at the big man when really he's just a kid. It was good to allow a sense of recklessness in giving myself up to the script. In real life I'm quite responsible so it was cool to let go.


The tagline from the trailer is "Make your choice" Do you feel your character makes good choices or what advice would you give him?
Err no! Ha ha. My advice would be listen to youngers, respect olders and choose your friends wisely.


If you could play any character past or present from a film who would it be?t?
I dunno, maybe Dirk Diggler from Boogie Nights. We got something in common… we both wanna be successful! Ha ha.


When did you first know you wanted to become an actor? 
I never had a light bulb moment when I thought "I wanna be an actor". As a kid I was always putting on little shows with my cousins and performing whenever I got the chance, from there acting just seemed to find me. It wasn't until I hit my twenties that I'd considered making any money from it and I decided to train properly. Then I realised it's damn hard to earn any money from acting…and theres a long road ahead!


What  actors have inspired you?
People are always asking me this and honestly I don't really have a favourite actor. There are quite a few actors I don't like – but that's for another time! Ha.  There are a lot of talented actors that I enjoy watching. I take inspiration from life and not from an idol.


BROTHERS' DAY premieres in Manchester in February. You can buy a ticket for the event here.

Next time we catch up with Brothers' Day Director Angel Delgado.




You can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment